This page contains a list of useful resources for community groups and researchers. Think there's a resource missing? Leave feedback at the bottom of the page to let us know!
- Armstrong, F. (2015) Coal and Health in the Hunter: Lessons from one valley for the world, Climate and Health Alliance, Melbourne.
- Clean Air Action Network ‘Local Air Pollution Monitoring’, links to government websites in all Australian states and territories for ambient air pollution monitoring, air pollution reports and licences
- Environmental Justice Australia
- Hime, N., Cowie, C. & Marks, G. (2015) Review of the health impacts of emission sources, types and levels of particulate matter air pollution in ambient air in NSW, Produced for NSW Environment Protection Authority and NSW Ministry of Health, Environmental Health Branch, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Centre for Air Quality and Health Research and Evaluation (CAR).
- Impact Statement on the proposed variation to the Ambient Air Quality NEPM, July 2014, prepared for the National Environment Protection Council
- Katestone Environmental (2011) NSW Coal Mining Benchmarking Study: International best practice measures to prevent and/or minimise emissions of particulate matter from coal mining, Prepared for the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
New South Wales
- NSW Coal and Gas Map
- Map showing coal mines, power stations and air pollution monitoring locations
- EPA Complaints Hotline 131 555
- NSW Environment Protection Authority, Upper Hunter Valley Open Cut Coal Mine Interim Dust Assessment Handbook (2011), Sydney,
- NSW Public Register (Environment Protection licences, applications, notices, audits or pollution studies and reduction programs)
- NSW Environmental Defenders Office
- EPA Pollution Hotline 1300 372 842 (1300 EPA VIC)
- Report pollution online
- EHP Pollution Hotline 1300 130
- Queensland Government, Petroleum and gas, and mining environmental authorities register (sorted by company)
- Queensland Environmental Defenders Office