The iDEA 2016 program has now been released. Be it GP workshops, keynote presentations or lunch breaks to meet with colleagues, we have the minute-to-minute plan online now! It's jam-packed with terrific workshops, talks by outstanding thought leaders, panel discussions and opportunities to meet like-minded colleagues. All the hallmarks of a great conference!
Upskill, engage, advocate. Some key features from the 2016 program:
- Video by Bill McKibben, author, educator, environmentalist, and co-founder of 350.org, on How the World's Most Successful Grass-Roots Organisation, 350.org, is Tackling Climate Change
- Keynote presentation by Ian Lowe, Emeritus Professor of Science, Technology and Society at Griffith University, Past President of the Australian Conservation Foundation; Member of DEA’s Scientific Advisory Committee
- Global health in the Anthropocene: Addressing ecological determinants of health(see recent Lancet Report)- learn about how we can improve global health with Tony Capon, public health physician and an authority on environmental health whose research focuses on urbanization, sustainable development and human health
- Unconventional gas as a heath hazard with Marion Carey, public health physician and leading expert in this field
- Presentation on Greening Hospitals by Forbes McGain, Australian anaesthetist, intensive care specialist and environmentalist and special workshop with leaders in the field of sustainability in hospitals
- Peter Sly Director, Children’s Health and Environment Program at the University of Queensland and Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Children’s Health and Environment speaking on Environmental Exposures in Early Life & Long Term Disease Risk
Click here for information about many other intriguing speakers.
Don't miss out on what is shaping up to be an exceptional event.
Butterfield St & Bowen Bridge Rd
Herston, QLD 4029
Google map and directions